Saturday, November 18, 2017

Merry Monday #265 and SImon Says Wednesday

Merry Monday is looking for an outdoor activity on our Christmas cards this week.  I don't have many but I think this works.


I taped off the bottom of some Bristol and inked the top portion with Distress Oxides, sprinkling it with water and drying.  I planned to put one skating bear from MFT but in die cutting the bear in red his foot tore off.  That's what I get for being impatient and not letting it dry enough.  I decided a second bear would cover the affected appendage. ;)  I made this one green, doing all my coloring with Zigs.  The sentiment is from EH.

I'm also sending this to Simon Says Wednesday for their Furry Friends challenge.  I guess you can be friends with polar bears. ;)  At least paper ones.

ETA: I just saw that Little Red Wagon has a penguin and polar bear challenge so I'm sending my card there as well.

My daughter and son-in-law are staying with us for a couple of days this week so that means I'd better get my craft room in order. I'm still organizing all the panels and die cuts I did while at Michele's.  Then I want to weed through my UFO drawer so I can open and close it.  You know how those things go.  You get an idea for a card and the job doesn't get done.  I'll try to be good and keep the goal in sight.

I hope your weekend is going well.  Thanks for spending a moment of your time with me.

17 comments:

Colleen Begley said...

I love these guys. What a super cute card you've made. The background is awesome.

Joyce said...

Love this card so much. Those bears are adorable, and love your background too.

Jen W. said...

Great minds, Bobby - I used the same bear for this challenge! I'm kind of glad the first guy had an accident - the two of them look great doing their doubles routine! :)

Tricia Barber said...

Love the blue background! Great card! Love it!

Lisa Elton said...

I think it works too! What a fun pair they are Bobby, this is cute!

Darnell said...

Actually, I love that there are two of these stinkin' cute bears skating side-by-side! Perfect for best friends or a sweet couple! Of course, I'd be tempted to stick the bear on with a missing foot and see if anyone noticed, haha! Have I been staying up late and making Christmas cards and getting punchy? Well, yes. I'm glad you had fun with Michele and I'm sure you'll have fun with DD and SIL and your UFOs! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving if I'm not back by then!! Hugs, Darnell

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your Polar bears! A fun card!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous background for these adorable polar bears, Bobby ... good thing the one legged one has his pal skating alongside him!! So pleased to have you playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp with this furry sporting duo! Hugs, Anita :)

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE what you have done here - those bears are so stinkin' cute and your background is perfect for them. Super adorable card!!

I Card Everyone said...

Bobby!!! Those bears must skate over to my house next time we get together - hate that it won't be until Spring!
In the meantime, I adore your snowy sky, and their cuddly scarves are so wonderful!
=]

Lynn said...

How nice to have your daughter in town. I know completely what you mean about staying on task! Love those sweet little skating bears.

Unknown said...

Bobby,
What an adorable card... I jut love those two Polar Bears on Ski's so happy you joined us over at Merry Monday this week.

Notes by Nina said...

So cute, I love this sweet card. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Heather said...

This is so sweet and a great way to hide an "oops". Thanks for joining me at Little Red Wagon this week.

Ina G said...

Love love love this cool card Bobby. Simply fabulous background.

Virginia L. said...

ADORE the darling card! Love the color contrast and balance of white space, Bobby! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Furry Friend” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

cm said...

Your skating bears have planted a mega-watt smile allll over my face! Seriously adorable!!
Hugs`c