Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Addicted to Stamps and More #275

Challenge #275 at Addicted to Stamps and More is a photo challenge.  We're asking you to make a card inspired by this photo.  

There are a variety of elements in the photo that would make a wonderful card.  Here's what inspired me.
I loved the pictures on the wall with the black and white stripe but I wanted to do something a little different.  I had this black striped acetate that I cut to A2 card size.  Then I had to figure out how to put the card together so I could adhere the acetate and also have some hanging off the edge.  My solution was to fold a portion of my card panel over the acetate, glue it down with Scor-tape and use it for my sentiment from CF.  I cut off the other edge of the panel the same width.  The measurement in between is what I used for the actual card portion and adhered the panel to it.  The MFT tree was cut from gold foil polka dot paper. 

This is something different than I've ever done before and I enjoyed the creativity of it.  We'd love to see you get creative and make a card for the challenge.  How about it?

10 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful design with your black striped acetate Bobby! Very creative how you put it all together. Elegant card with the gold Christmas tree. xx

Lynn said...

Love those bold stripes against the elegant gold Bobby!

Julie B said...

Love that black striped acetate, perfect for this challenge with the simple addition of the gold tree. :)

Judy Woodland said...

Stunning! What an elegant card. I have never seen striped acetate and this is just spectacular. I love everything about it!!!

I Card Everyone said...

It's an ingenious way to make room for your sentiment, Bobby! Wonderful card ... I'm here trying to figure out how to make one of those fabulous gold cone trees!
=]

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely Acetate you have Bobby and the tree there is adorable
love the color of the tree with dots
love your interpretation Bobby
see you maybe around teamie
biig hugs from Germany
Monika

Anita in France said...

So creative, Bobby ... as well as being stylish and chic ... so striking! Hugs, Anita :)

Ina G said...

Wow Bobby! what you have done with the acetate is genies. Fabulous take on that gorgeous Inspiration Photo.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such an elegant and lovely card, Bobby! So clever to have a sentiment on the side, and that cute tree, love it.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous CAS take on the inspiration photo, Bobby! I love all the clean lines and your tree is stunning!