Monday, January 22, 2018

January CAS Watercolor and The Flower Challenge #16

Here I am.  Late to the party again.  Two days left before both the CAS Watercolor Challenge and The Flower Challenge close.  I've had both cards made or partially made for days but got busy and haven't posted.  I'll remedy that right now.

For CAS Watercolor:
I spent one evening stamping and masking a bouquet of Altenew flowers on Bristol so I could color with my Zigs.  The next day while searching for a sentiment I looked at the card and thought "Oh no.  It's supposed to be CAS." In order to keep it that way I opted for a tiny sentiment from PB.  I hope that's enough white space.

For The Flower Challenge:
I hope this uses enough of the spotlight technique.  Only small portions of the Altenew flowers are outside the die cut circles and uncolored but I hadn't used these flowers in a long time and wanted to make a card with them.  Not quite the look I was going for but I'm happy.

Thanks for dropping by.  I love it when you do.






12 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Both beautiful cards Bobby and your masking is perfect!! Happy Monday!

Bonnie said...

I love all your flowers, Bobby! Your flower garden is so pretty and you masking is amazing! Love all the colors! And I love your spotlight card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Ina G said...

Oh Bobby both these cards are truly beautiful. Love all the pastel coloured flowers with the simple sentiment. Your spotlight card is STUNNING. Love just the touches of your spotlighting. Haven't done one of them for quite a while. Fabulous layout and awesome sentiment.

Lisa Elton said...

Playing catch up Bobby! All of your cards are as amazing as they always are! Really love this floral one and that little elf...oh he's a cutie!!

nancy littrell said...

TFS your 1st card, Bobby with us at CAS Watercolour. Your bouquet of flowers are so pretty watercoloured with your Zigs. TFS with us at CAS Watercolour.
Your 2nd spotlight card is so beautiful and love your CAS design. TFS both cards. Hugs

Christine Alexander said...

Bobby amazing bouquet, all that masking it looks incredible. thanks for sharing your work of art with us at CAS watercolour.
Love your second card with the spotlight technique

Judy Woodland said...

Gorgeous coloring and gorgeous card. I love all your masking here, what great inspiration!!! This is simply stunning!

I Card Everyone said...

What a gorgeous remedy you've created, Bobby! a lot of masking must have gone on, but what a fabulous reveal! I think you've highlighted the prettiest portion of the blooms - that's all that matters!
=]

Loll said...

Gorgeous flower card you've created Bobby! Such a pretty mix of flowers. Lots of work with the masking - good job!! The small black sentiment really pops. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour. And beautiful spotlight card. Such a great way to highlight those pretty blooms. xx

Patti said...

You masking genius you!! both your cards are beautiful!! I love the coloring you did on your first card and love love love the spotlighting you did to highlight your pretty Altenew flowers. I say mission accomplished friend!! : )

Patti

TaeEun said...

Wow! That's a lot of masking, Bobby!!! Gorgeous bouquet! I love three spotlighted roses on the second card! It's more than enough spotlighting :)! Thank you for playing along at The Flower Challenge!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVELY !!! Gorgeous, JUST Gorgeous!!!!! GREAT CAS cards! (I had to play along too!)