Monday, February 19, 2018

The Flower Challenge #17

I remember years ago when Holly Hobby was in vogue and we used to make shadow boxes by cutting images of her and layering the bits and pieces to make it look 3D.  That's really dating me I know but that's what I think of when you say paper piecing.  And I did a similar technique for my card for The Flower Challenge.
I used DoodleBuds from WPlus9 and stamped the flowers on a variety of DSP, fussy cutting it all, layer by layer.  It's a little difficult to see but the centers of the two largest flowers are popped up as are the two center petals on the brown flower.  Even though they are both red, the center of the red flowers is a different paper from the body.  I had so much fun making this and it was a good stamp set to do it with.


11 comments:

Viv said...

This is such a lovely card Bobby.You did a great job of paper piecing those pretty flowers too.Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! Bobby, the stamp set you used is PERFECT for paper piecing, just perfect. Love how the images show the pattern paper so beautifully.
And I do see the center pieces on those big flowers raised, awesome.
Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you come and play again next time.
Hugs.

maria f. said...

My thoughts exactly - a great stamp to do this technique with! Lovely. And yes reminiscent of what we called decoupage I think.

I Card Everyone said...

LOve this set, and WOW do I love what you've done with it, Bobby! and there you are using even MORE of that PP ... you go, girl! Go and make about a dozen more!
=]

Anita in France said...

Oooh ... Doodlebuds ... how lovely, Bobby ... what a great choice of stamps to paper piece ... so very pretty! Hugs, Anita :)

Judy Woodland said...

This is simply FABULOUS!!! I have always loved that stamp set, and doing the fussy cutting is genius!!!! Just a great card - PINNING!!!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....this is one amazing and beautiful card Bobby...so clever and so gorgeous. Love your fussy cutting, shear perfection!

Ina G said...

How could you not have a beautiful day after seeing these gorgeous flowers Bobby. Fabulous paper piecing and sentiment. Hope YOU are having a 'beautiful' day.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how I love the whimsy of this! Those paper pieced blooms are just delightful. What a sweet card Bobby!

Kate said...

I absolutely love the look of your paper pieced flowers!! Such a wonderful card!

cm said...

Such a pretty garden of patterned doodlebuds and yes, I see the dimension! Very cool! Oh, to have the scissor skills and sharp eyes to fussy cut/paper piece; glad you're sharing your talents to do so with us!
Hugs~c