Sunday, April 15, 2018

CASology #295

A number of the design team at CASology used the same stamp set that I wanted to use for their 'believe' challenge so I tried to do something a little different with it.
I tried partial die cutting and although it was a little difficult getting the small pieces out I think it worked fine.  Then I had to find a panel to place it on.  I found this one in my WTDWT drawer.  It's smooshed DOX but I thought it looked a little dreamy and that meant I could add that stamped sentiment to my card.  I also added a vellum outline under the silver glitter die cut word. 

For the first time in as long as I can remember, and in 16 years for the pastor, church was canceled this morning.  That's how bad the roads are here with the freezing rain and snow.  The forecast for the end of the week is mid to high 50s.  That's Michigan for you.

Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful day.

11 comments:

Sarah G said...

This is so dreamy and elegant, Bobby! Love the silver die cut against the subtle DOX background. I hope you get some better weather soon :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What a dreamy background! That believe looks like a silvery cloud - amazing! Bad weather - no problem - more time for crafting :)

Anita in France said...

Ethereal and elegant, Bobby ... the soft sorbet colours are just lovely with the shimmery, vellum backed sentiment! Stay warm in all that chill! Hugs, Anita :)

karen h said...

Beautiful card! That background does indeed look dreamy - perfect for the challenge cue! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific CAS card Bobby! Love the sparkle and your lovely background!

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous and dreamy, Bobby, and I salute your partial die cutting - that's something I have yet to master! And yikes to the weather! It's finally warmed up here and if I could freeze the weather as it's been the last few days I would keep it like that forever. I'll send some sunshine your way!

I Card Everyone said...

The weather is atrocious, but we're not alone in this late-blooming Spring, and it's actually worse in other parts of the country!
This 'dreamy' card is just the bit of pretty my morning needed, Bobby ... I do believe there is sunshine on the way!
=]

Anna Uhras said...

So soft and beautiful!! Love!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology!! Anna xo

Joyce said...

Amazing use of the partial die cutting technique. I can rarely make that work for me. Love your beautifully colored background as well. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Bonnie said...

Love this dreamy background that's perfect for the sentiment! The weather is crazy everywhere it seems. I hope spring comes soon for you!

Loll said...

LOVE the colours of your dreamy background Bobby! So beautiful and perfect with the believe in your dreams sentiment. Hope the weather is better for you soon! xx