Sunday, May 20, 2018

Twofer Challenge #5

Stretching your creative brain is a good thing and one challenge that calls for that stretch is the Twofer Challenge.  This is where you create two cards, for two different occasions using one word prompt.  This month's prompt is 'butterflies'. 

I knew what I wanted to do for my one card and it went together nicely.
I stamped the butterfly from HLS in Onyx Black and colored them with PolyChromos pencils to look like Monarchs.  The sentiment is from Verve.  The second card took a while to come together and I'm still not sure about it.
After seeing a gorgeous butterfly on the PTI blog, I bought some Frantage and embossed it on a vellum butterfly.  It has a little more gold in it that I thought it would but I carried that through to the gold embossed sentiment by PB.  I used a TH die to cut the corner and put a leftover alcohol ink panel from this card behind it.  I ended up trimming the panel with a jagged die because the original sentiment was crooked and I didn't want to just cover it.  I think it goes well with the jagged edges of the diamonds.

Thanks for another fun challenge, Darnell and Team.

9 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

I love monarch butterflies and yours really pop on all that white space! So beautiful! That gold speckled vellum butterfly looks so pretty and the die cut corner with the fabulous AI background peeking through provides a great contrast!
Thank you for joining us at the Twofer!

I Card Everyone said...

You know how much I love Monarchs, Bobby... now if I could only 'grow' these gorgeous vellum butterflies! Terrific Twofer!
=]

Anita in France said...

Glorious monarchs fluttering across your first and lovely CAS card, Bobby! How delicate and elegant is that frantage embossed vellum butterfly ... it's gorgeous against the crisp white with that pop of bold colour in the background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

cm said...

Only one response...well, technically, two responses: LOVE and LOVE!
Hugs~c

Darnell said...

Great save, Bobby! Your jagged edge adds another interesting element to your great design and I agree it looks great with the diamonds! Your frantage butterfly flecked with gold is a perfect companion for your gold-embossed sediment! And your Monarch butterflies look so comforting and peaceful floating across your TOY card! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #5! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

Your butterfly cards are so different from each other but each so pretty! Love the bright and cheerful yellow butterflies! The Frantage made a very elegant butterfly! The diamonds and edge add extra interest! Great save, my friend! (Oh, the frame adhered to acetate with matte medium glue. I don't know if I can do it again though. LOL)

Loll said...

Hi Bobby. Two lovely cards using the same beautiful butterfly image. Love that you have used different techniques for both cards. The first card with the masked and pencil coloured butterflies is so pretty and perfect for a sympathy card. LOVE your artsy card with the AI panel (gorgeous saturated colours) behind the diamond cutouts, and the frantage covered butterfly. I think the gold is beautiful and adds a speckled look to the butterfly. The die-cut diagonal edging is just perfect to add another layer of interest. Great work! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge. xx

Barb Ghig said...

I don't know how I missed this post...both of your butterfly cards are absolutely GORGEOUS! Congrats on receiving HM at Darnell's challenge :)

TaeEun said...

Love your CAS designs on both cards, Bobby! The pencil coloring on monarchs looks fabulous with the orange yellow ombre! The blue alcohol ink color pops off the second card! Fabulous design with the combination of the two dies!
Congrats on HM at Twofer!