Sunday, June 24, 2018

The Card Concept #95

Oh how I wish I had these owl pillows.  They'd go well on my bed with it's quilt of many colors.  Needless to say I can't pass up a chance to make an owl card for The Card Concept.  I think this falls into the clean and layered category.
A long time ago my friend Joyce sent me a number of owls both stamped and die cut.  Every so often I get into the envelope to see what I can use and this Poppy Stamps owl was cut three times in different papers so I could mix and match.  I picked out a subtle pattern for behind the owl and then the green plaid for the main panel, popping it up on fun foam. 

For the sentiment I used the MFT die cut letters that my crafting BFF Michele so graciously gave me.  How fitting since I'm a whooting and a hollering that we're flying to Florida in September to meet up with Nancy Leppek and take a class from Kathy Racoosin at MFT as part of her 30 Day Color Challenge. I'm still pinching myself.

Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful week.


12 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a fun owl, Bobby! Love the different patterns and the plaid! A perfect way to show off this feathered friend too!

Hannelie said...

You've captured the inspiration photo brilliantly Bobby!

I Card Everyone said...

Guess WHOOOOO I thought of immediately when I saw this graphic? hmmm? go ahead, I have time... YOU of course! OWL be so glad to start packing for that trip, Bobby! This darling card is one to whoot and holler about, my friend! Those alphas have found the best home!
=]

Viv said...

Great card Bobby and love that sweet owl too of course ;) hugs Viv xx

KimCreate said...

I LOVE this happy polka dotted owl! Thanks for playing at The Card Concept!

Marcie Sharp said...

Fantastic! I love all the patterned papers and the font used for the die cut sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Ina G said...

Just genies how you have put this colourful owl together Bobby. He's soooooooooo cooooooooool! Lucky you getting to meet up with our Nancy and a class together to boot.

Lisa Elton said...

Cute mix of patterns Bobby, this is delightful!

Anita in France said...

What a cutie, Bobby ... the blend of patterns is fabulous on this wise old chap! How exciting to be making that trip down to Florida ... no suprise you're whooting! Hugs, Anita :)

Susan Powell said...

Love all the patterns on this card. Super cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept.

Patti said...

OWL never stop smiling at your take on the challenges you join!! heeheehee another adorable card Bobby!!

Patti

cm said...

Your patterned owl is awesome, Bobby! Smiling all over my face in seeing this!
Hugs~c