Wednesday, September 12, 2018

CAS(E) This Sketch #288

My card for CAS(E) This Sketch came to me when I couldn't sleep.  I guess if you have to be awake you might as well be productive.  I ended up getting out of bed and making this card and others in the wee hours of the morning.
The background is an acrylic block print with Distress Ink on mixed media paper.  The lotus are from Altenew, stamped in Pink Diamond and shaded with PolyChromos pencils.  In order for this to work I had to turn the sketch on its side.

I have two brothers who live in North Carolina so my thoughts are with them and their families as Hurricane Florence heads in their direction.  They are about 30 miles inland but my one brother has a vacation house on the Neuse River that will be affected by the swells as they push water up the river.  He lost his previous house to an earlier hurricane but this one is on stilts so I'm hoping that it will be spared.  My prayers go out to all who live in the area and hope that they are taking safety precautions.


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So sorry about your sleepless night, but it was worth it, just look at this little beauty! I hope all will be well with your brothers. My hubby has one brother in VA and one in NC as well as their kids and their families. Prayers for everyone in the path of this storm.

I Card Everyone said...

I'll add my prayers to yours, and Lisa's, Bobby! One of my best friends lives in North Myrtle Beach! Luckily she's in NY right now, but her daughters live in Wilmington! Time to turn the news on... btw your card is fabulous! xx
=]

Anita in France said...

Delicate and lovely, Bobby ... what a beauty you created in the wee small hours! Adding my prayers too. Hugs, Anita :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

wow, getting out of bed and making a card - that for sure is commitment! But it was worth it! Gorgeous Lotus flowers!