Saturday, October 13, 2018

Inkspirational #171

I'm always in the need for sympathy cards and this week's challenge at Inkspirational spurred me on to make one.
Some place I saw a card with leaves on dark cardstock and knew that my Oxides would be perfect for this technique.
I had a whole bunch of PTI Tide Pool paper and decided it would make a wonderful calming background.  Using leaves from MFT I stamped in a variety of Oxide inks all over the panel.  The hidden sentiment is from Winnie and Walter, stacked up three layers.

It turned out so well I decided to make another card using a different background color and leaves from Catherine Pooler.
This time I used a die from MFT and stacked it four high.  This was so QACAS that I can see making more of them.

Thanks for dropping by.

6 comments:

Jen W. said...

I LOVE these, Bobby! Those Oxide inks look amazing on the coloured cardstock. I'm definitely going to have to try this.

Lisa Elton said...

I havne't stamped on dark cardstock in a long time, thanks for the lovely inspiration Bobby!

Kim Heggins said...

these are so beautiful Bobby...

Shauna said...

What comforting fall cards! I like the leaf pattern and the design with the embedded sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Anita in France said...

Beautiful, Bobby ... both of them! The first with those calm colours has a wonderful serenity about it, perfect for a sympathy card ... and the second is deliciously warm and autumnal ... kinda cosy! Hugs, Anita :)

cm said...

I can see why your beautiful first card inspired a second, equally as pretty! I need to expand use of my oxides to more than 'just blending'...obviously they stamp beautifully!
hugs~c