Saturday, March 2, 2019

Just Us Girls # 477 - Word Week

Vicki is our host this week at Just Us Girls and she has chosen a word that should fill our gallery.
I spent way more time on my card that I usually do but once I had the idea in my head I had to keep going.  It's all part of using neglected stamps.
First I wanted to do a text background with the sentiments from the MFT Stay Tuned set.  It takes a while and some practice to get those laid out correctly.  For once it wasn't MISTI but my trusty old Fiskars press to the rescue.  There was a mis-stamp near the top so I cut another piece of the Fog paper and stamped the sentiment in Red which I think worked out even better design-wise.  I couldn't just pop the TV on so I cut 4 layers putting the sentiment on the bottom and then adding acetate between the middle two. It looks great IRL.  This must be a rescue card because I knew I wanted the sentiment to say "It's Your Birthday".  Typing it into Evernote brought up the perfect one by EBE.

Please check out the birthday cards the rest of the Design Team and our guest designer, Greta Hess, have made.  We hope they inspire you to make a card for the challenge.

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love how your clever background has all the broadcast words! Sometimes it's fun to just keep going with the idea. Great job on how it worked out!

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable!! I LOVE this stamp and die set and with I had gotten it way back then. This is perfect for the challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

Love it! This would be so perfect for my brother! Thanks for the inspiration Bobby!

cm said...

NEWSFLASH: your card is awesome! Perfect collection of images to 'broadcast' a birthday! Love this!
hugs~c

Macimbalo said...

So cool, love the "newsflash" - really cute!

Ina G said...

Fabulous take on our Birthday challenge Bobby. So cool and a fun card.

Nancy said...

What a fun card Bobby! Love that it's so different and nothing I have seen before! BTW...your link isn't working!

Karen Dunbrook said...

really cute and fun card.
x Karen

Vicki Dutcher said...

Have fun is this card I love that television it's so cute

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is fabulous! Your background looks fantastic and the mis-stamp worked out perfectly for adding that sentiment. Your TV is awesome with the added acetate and the stacked dies.

Lisa Kind said...

What a cool card! Love the background and how you created the tv! That pop of red was a good choice!

Greta said...

Such a fun card, Bobby, & I agree the red News Flash is a wonderful element! I'm super happy to be designing with JUGs this month!