Friday, July 12, 2019

Twofer Challenge #18

With my love of flowers I don't know why the first thing I thought of when I saw the challenge at Twofer was vegetables and how I don't have any vegetable stamps. 
When I got my brain in gear 
I pulled out my PTI Garden Gate set and made these.
I used to love hollyhocks 
and I remember making little dolls out of the blossoms.  

For my prayer card I used just one set of flowers and added some wisteria on an MFT die cut that was embossed with a SU folder and popped up on lavender cs.
The sentiments on both cards are part of the set.  
The next one is a birthday card.
I cut three layers of the gate, cut off the doors, glued them together and heat embossed them with platinum.  Distress Inks were blended on the background and then three sets of hollyhocks added in various colors of Altenew ink.  The MISTI really came in handy in lining up the layers and stamping multiple flowers.

I'm so glad I had time before I go on vacation to get a card made for one of my favorite challenges.  Thanks for dropping by to take a look.  You'll definitely want to look at what the Design Team has made too.  Head on over to the Twofer blog.


13 comments:

Loll said...

Two beautiful garden cards Bobby! The prayer card is gorgeous with the pretty hollyhocks and wisteria. Love the shape of your panel and the beautiful card base that matches the wisteria. Ver soft, delicate and lovely! Your garden gate is a welcoming site to you garden. Again, those hollyhocks are so pretty ... love the different colours! xx

Happy Dance said...

So happy you remembered these stamps, Bobby. The cards you've created are simply lovely. Those hollyhocks are such pretty flowers, and you've chosen just the right colors for them. That Lady Bird quote makes a really sweet sentiment for your first card, too. And that gate...it looks like I'm standing outside admiring your pretty garden!! Have a great vacation, and thanks for joining us at the Twofer Challenge!! xo Bev

Lisa Elton said...

Both of your flower gardens are pretty Bobby! Love the colors you've used and the arbor you've created from the gate die!

Bonnie said...

I remember hollyhocks in my Mom's garden and they were huge! Of course I was a lot smaller then. Love these sweet pastel colors! The first card is serene and a garden full of flowers. The garden gate on the second makes me want to enter the garden. Great Twofers, Bobby!

Lori m said...

Just gorgeous, beautiful garden of flowers that will make anyone smile whom receives the card, hugs, Lori m

Anita in France said...

What sweet summer gardens, Bobby! The pretty hollyhocks and wisteria frame that wonderful quote beautifully ... and I loved looking through your garden gate to the flower beds full of bright hollyhocks beyond! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

I adore Hollyhocks, and wish they weren't such stinkers to grow! I love this set, Bobby - put it on our list! Paper ones will be much better for me!
Two beautiful cards - love the wisteria, too!
=]

Darnell said...

You've created two lovely garden designs, Bobby! I love the layout of your prayer card and the soft colors. This is sure to bring someone comfort and encouragement. And I love your garden design filled with colorful hollyhocks behind an impressive archway! Very clever to alter your gate that way! It looks stunning and completes your linear design!

I, too, made little dolls from hollyhocks; such a sweet memory! I was surprised to see some on our walk recently, but The Mister would not let me pick one to make a doll. :( I had no idea they grew in this area, so I need to check that out! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #18! Enjoy your vacation!! Hugs, Darnell

Kara Lynne said...

What amazing hollyhocks, Bobby! Our backyard neighbor has some in bloom right now, and I just marvel at how they can keep standing when they get so top-heavy! I love how you paired them with the wisteria on your first card. It's a beautiful design! I also love the color combinations you used, and how you have multiples within the garden gate! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

TK said...

Beautiful cards, Bobby, and I adore the gate, flowers and sentiment! Great cards, and perfect thought to emboss that gate! Happy Vacationing!

Karen Dunbrook said...

I agree....beautifully done cards!
xx Karen

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful flower cards!

Vicky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.