Saturday, January 4, 2020

The Flower Challenge #40

It's the beginning of a new year and there's a new The Flower Challenge.
This is not my favorite thing to do and if not asked I will never make a shaped card.  But asked I was so here's what I did.
Alex Syberia is our guest designer and also our sponsor.  She gifted me with this lovely lupine digital image that I watercolored with Zigs and cut using an MFT die.  I chose this digital because my Mom loved lupines and had a book called Miss Rumphius that she liked to share with the children at church.  She was also a prayer warrior so I thought the sentiment fit.

Alex will be giving two of her gorgeous digital images to our winner.  If you haven't checked out her Etsy site you should.  Also take a look at what the Design Team has made.  There's so much to inspire you to make a card for this challenge.

The Design Team is showing off their favorite cards from 2019.  You'll want to check out their blogs to see them.  Many thanks go to Viv for making the collages for us.


9 comments:

AlexSyberia said...

This is so beautiful and delicate, Bobby! Love how you colored the image! Thanks for the inspiration! hugs,Alex

Lisa Elton said...

You've done a great job with your shaped card Bobby , this is lovely!

Bonnie said...

I love the shape of this card, Bobby! Beautiful watercolor delphiniums! A very heartwarming card!

Karen Dunbrook said...

great shape...love your delphiniums, just wish I could grow them!
Your lineup of cards from last year is fab too! love them all
xx Karen

Anita in France said...

I too shy away from shaped cards, Bobby ... though you chose wonderfully here. The soft rounded curves are lovely with the shape of the petals and flowers ... and what a beautiful sentiment ... gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Anita in France said...

Oh, forgot to add ... such a fabulous collage of cards ... great to revisit them! Another hug, Anita :)

TaeEun said...

That is a unique shape for a card, Bobby! Love the rounded edge which goes so well with the soft watercoloring! All of your cards in the collage are beautiful!

Viv said...

Such a lovely shaped card Bobby and those pretty lupins look so classy too. Your four favourite cards were a great choice too, all so amazing ;) hugs Viv xx

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful card Bobby and I love the unique shape that goes so well with your beautiful flowers! Beautiful watercoloring too!Love your 4 favorite cards so gorgeous!