Monday, March 2, 2020

Inspired by #113

I have a tendency to take photos literally when using them as inspiration for a card.  I'm trying to break that habit and think I did fairly well with the Inspired By challenge.
I used the gold orb as my starting point and then used the flowers and the colors in the sofa and pillow to complete a birthday card.
The entire card is made from Concord and 9th's Floral Hoop, stamped with Altenew Inks.  I did add some PolyChromos pencils for details on the (supposed to be) white flowers and for accents on the others. It is on a Soft Stone card base.

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you have a great week.

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Winner... winnner... chicken... dinner!! Oh boy did you nail this one Bobby. Your gold circles are brilliant!!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous take on the inspiration photo, Bobby! I think you totally succeeded in breaking out from a literal translation with your stunning design! I'm really loving the double gold hoops with your beautiful flowers and lovely sentiment...I need to check out this stamp/die set :)

Marcia Hill said...

This is beautiful Bobby...love it!! And I tend to take inspiration photos very literally too, so you're not the only one! You really nailed this one though!! :0)

Judy Woodland said...

This is so pretty. I love the double hoop in gold, really makes the whole card pop. GORGEOUS!

I Card Everyone said...

Mission Accomplished, my friend!!! WOW this is just fantastic … love the white flowers! For the life of me could not figure that 'orb' out - and don't think I didn't try!
Thanks for the extra effort you've shared with Inspired By this week!!
=]

Anita in France said...

Fairly well, Bobby?? Goodness, you nailed it ... this is gorgeous ... I love your delicate, dreamy take on the inspiration! Hugs, Anita :)

TK said...

I'm with Anita -- you nailed it! The hoop is gorgeous, as are your flowers - kudos

Loll said...

Beautiful card Bobby! I love your spray of flowers inspired by the furniture. Great work! xx