Saturday, May 21, 2022

Just Us Girls #633 - Color Week

I'm hosting Color Week at Just Us Girls and this is what I've chosen.


I definitely had something in mind when I chose these colors and this is what I ended up making.


The images and sentiment are from a NBUS set from HoneyBee.  I masked off the bottom of the card panel and colored it with Frayed Burlap Distress Spray.  I wanted that sandy look.  Then I masked the sand and colored the sky with Speckled Egg.  The flip-flops were inked with Salt Water Taffy, the straps colored with an artist marker and then clear heat embossed.  I think this will be fun for a summer birthday.

What do those colors conjure up for you?  Come see what the Design Team and our guest designer have made.  I'm sure you'll be inspired to make a card for the gallery.








If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

15 comments:

Carol said...

I'm so interested in how you made that sand! Very cool! Cute, cute card for the colors you chose for us!!!

Lisa Elton said...

It's flip flop weather ~ yay! This is fun, Bobby your sand looks great!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Awesome use of those colors! I love those flipflops on your awesome sandy beach and that sentiment is perfect!

Deborah Wheeler said...

Fab card, Bobby - love the effect of your sand. Thanks for giving us a great colour palette

ElizStewart said...

So love a good flip flop card!!!

cm said...

Fabulous sandy beach/water scene! And the flip-flops? Sentiment says it all: flippin' awesome!
hugs~c

Nancy said...

NBUS, WOW It is about time you used these flip-flops! Great beachy card that you know I love!

I Card Everyone said...

It looks so sandy, Bobby - does it feel sandy, too? flippin' fun!
=]

Bonnie said...

I love how you did the sand, Bobby! It looks so realistic! I want some of those coral flip flops! Fliippin' Fabulous is perfect for this card!

TK said...

Adorable card - perfect use for the colors!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun beach card! I loved this color combo too :)

Anonymous said...

I can see where your idea for these colors comes from now! Great card. Wishing those were my flip flops in the sand!

Anonymous said...

This is from Lisa Kind. Not sure why it says anonymous!

Bobby said...

I'm glad to know it's you, Lisa. I've gotten more anonymous emails and thought the language was too familiar to be just anyone. Maybe you need to sign in to an account?

Ina G said...

That sand look so realistic Bobby. Fabulous flip flops and so summery.