Saturday, July 2, 2022

Color Hues #44 and NBUS #40

The new Color Hues challenge gave me an excuse to break out a NBUS stamp set and change direction on a birthday card for my grandson Ryan, whose birthday is today.   Have you heard?  The entire Design Team is playing cards with Michele (I Card Everyone) for a red and blue challenge. 


I got the fireworks on clearance at MFT a while ago.  I don't usually make 4th of July cards but I thought the set would make a great masculine celebratory one.  I stamped and clear heat embossed most of the elements, adding Sparkling Snow embossing powder to some.  Using my WaffleFlower A2 dies, I cut borders in red and blue and added a sentiment from MFT. 

I'm also sending this to the lovely Darnell's NBUS challenge.  Actually it's her birthday today too.  Have a happy day, Darnell. 






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

8 comments:

Karen said...

Fireworks for a birthday feels just right, and I love the sparkle you've added! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Bobby, Perfect card for this time a year and any young man! Glad we gave you a reason to break the seal on your new stamp. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues! Take care!

Bonnie said...

This works great for those birthday boys, Bobby! Love the sparkle and seeing it in the NBUS gallery!

I Card Everyone said...

Happy birthday to your grandson, and what a darling card to celebrate it! LOve the fireworks in blue and red, Bobby! I knew you'd find just the perfect supplies at The Cottage!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

I love this card, Bobby! Great idea to use your fireworks for a birthday card...the red and blue are perfect and I love all the sparkle!!! xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Bobby this is fantastic! I love your fireworks, hope you enjoyed some this week! I always enjoy seeing what you are making. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

TK said...

Red & blue just make you WANT to celebrate -- great card for the occasion!

Darnell said...

Well, thank you, sweet Bobby! I think you're lovely, too! And I'll bet Ryan was chuffed that he had these fabulous fireworks going off in celebration of his birthday! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell