Friday, August 19, 2022

Color Hues #47

Chocolate and Mint.  That sounds more like dessert to me than a color combo but that's what Color Hues is looking for.  I had to think long and hard about this one and tried a couple of things before settling on this.


What do you call these darling fungi?  The Greetery calls them toadstools (The BotaniCuts set is called Toadstool Garden) and I call them mushrooms.  Even the dictionary definition is iffy but basically toadstools are inedible mushrooms.  So call these paper ones whatever you like. 😁  The stems were cut with Altenew Spicy Yogurt paper which gives them a natural spotty look and I inked them a little with Altenew Expresso.  I tore a piece of copy paper and used it to make my grassy area using Altenew's Minty Mint.   

I'm so glad you dropped by.  Please leave a comment so I know you were here.




If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I was here! and loved every itty bit of this card! I've never met a mushroom I didn't love - even in the stamping world! This little toadstool got by me, Bobby! Perfect choice for the brown, and lovely planted in the minty undergrowth!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my geeee - how stinkin' CUTE!!! Wonderful take on the challenge, you have nailed it here. I had to go over to The Greetery and check those toadstools out. FABULOUS card!!! Looking forward to seeing you Monday!!

Bonnie said...

Whatever you call them, they are fantastic and fun! A great way to use these colors, my friend!

Susan Powell said...

LOVE this card!!!

Nancy said...

Mushrooms all the way! What a FABULOUS idea with my color combo Bobby! I adore this card! Thanks for being with us at Color Hues and for making me smile as I was reading your post. Take care!

Lisa Elton said...

I call them cute and they look right at home in the minty green grass!

Anonymous said...

Bobby I love your mushrooms, I call them that too! I have those dies too,they are so fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Marcia Hill said...

I call 'em mushrooms too Bobby, but whatever you call them, they sure are CUTE in this color combo!! Hugs. :0)

nancy littrell said...

Love your sweet chocolate mushrooms planted in the mint grass, Bobby...you are making me crave chocolate mint ice cream, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

Anonymous said...

I’ve seen this group in my yard before! Darling idea for the challenge and the pose was a fun read. Vikki H

Karen said...

This is such a clever take on the chocolate and mint color combo, and it certainly resulted in a great card! We're always glad to see you in our gallery at Color Hues!

Sherri Thacker said...

I love these mushrooms (I call them that too!) in this color combo. I have these mushrooms too and need to dig them out!! Cute card!!

Cindy Beach said...

I don't think it matters what you call them, they are an amazing choice for your card, Bobby. It was a tough challenge but your pretty card nailed it! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!