Sunday, October 9, 2022

Color Throwdown #713

When I saw the colors at Color Throwdown I had an immediate idea and the card pretty much came out as I envisioned it.


I don't know if this die from PFS is supposed to be poinsettias but that's what I made them.  I applied Altenew double sided adhesive sheets to Gina K ivory paper.  This is a step I usually forget and it makes inlaying those pieces so much easier.  The flower and leaf portions were colored with CP inks.  I got a little heavy handed with the Sangria.  I mean the Sangria ink on the base of the petals. 😊 Sage was used for the HLS sentiment that was cut with a PFS die and popped up.

Thanks for dropping by.  I love it when you do and even more when you leave a comment.




If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my, when this came on my screen it almost took my breath away. It's simply stunning with those rich vibrant colors against the ivory. Gorgeous technique here and beautiful take on the challenge.

Loll said...

So pretty, Bobby! LOVE this die as poinsettias. Thanks for the tip about using double-sided adhesive sheets for die-cutting for inlay. So clever. xx

!neke said...

Great card !!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I can see this as a poinsettia, Bobby! I like the regal color too. Pretty card!

I Card Everyone said...

I totally can see Poinsettias - especially in these lovely colors, Bobby!
=]

Bonnie said...

These flowers look like poinsettias to me, Bobby! Love the colors you've used and the inlay!

Marcia Hill said...

This is SO pretty Bobby and I love, LOVE the colors you used...not too heavy handed in my opinion at all! Lovely, lovely card and one more for the Christmas stash!! :0)

Broni said...

It sure looks like poinsettias and I love them! Thanks so much for playing along this week at the Color Throwdown!