Saturday, April 1, 2023

Just Us GIrls #673 - Color Week

 Hey, friends.  I'm the host at Just Us Girls for Color Week and I've chosen terra cotta and green.

I don't know what made me choose these colors but I'm loving my card.


The stencil from MFT was inked with Terra Cotta from CPD on Soft Stone cardstock from PTI, making it darker in places.  The 'vines' are a die from Penny Black.  I wanted the sentiment to look like a poster on the wall so I cut the Soft Stone with HoneyBee's Deckle Rectangles, inked around the edges, folded a corner down and added dots for the 'tacks'.

I want to welcome Joanne James from The Crafty Owl as our guest designer for the month of April.  She and the Design Team have a wide variety of ways to use these colors.  I hope you'll join us.






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

14 comments:

ElizStewart said...

I am loving your card as well!!

Carol said...

Such a creative idea using these colors! And the poster is fabulous!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Your colors couldn't have worked out better for me, Bobby!! I actually had the makings for them sitting right on the corner of my desk in my snippets 'pile!'
Loving your brick and ivy birthday card!
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness Bobby the brick wall with the greenery in front is fabulous!! Great way to use those colours!

Nancy said...

I am loving the color combo, Bobby! The brick wall looks terrific as does the greenery! I think it will be a fun gallery!

Bonnie said...

What a great color combo, Bobby! Love this greenery on your brick wall! Great job with the sentiment too!

TK said...

Awesome use of those colors! Greenery against a brick wall always looks amazing, and the details on your poster are brilliant

Lisa Elton said...

Your brick turned out amazing! This is fantastic, Bobby! The colors stumped me until digging through my stamp sets. Thanks for challenging me this week!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect brick wall with the greens!

cm said...

Count me in as loving your card, too! A perfect pairing of your colour combination which, by the way, I loved.
hugs~c

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love this! Your brick wall is fabulous with the variation of shades and that greenery is beautiful with the shading. We were on the same wavelength with the brick wall, love it!

Ina G said...

Fabulous make Bobby. Super brick wall to show off that great greenery.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I wish I'd checked with Vicki exactly how you'd intended these colours Bobby, as I interpreted the terracotta more as kraft - and I love the warmth that the deeper terracotta gives! It's perfect for your brick wall and shows off your greenery beautifully. Gorgeous - thanks for the warm welcome to JUGS this week!

Lisa Kind said...

This was a great color challenge! It made me think! I love your card! That background is so cool and greenery looks like a vine crawling up the brick wall.