Thursday, June 20, 2024

Time Out #266 - Photo Challenge

Welcome to the challenge at Time Out.  This week it's a photo inspiration.

I'm glad it says 'inspiration' because I have nothing in the way of stamps that look like the photo.  I was inspired by the color of the sky and clouds.


My 'clouds' are actually dogwood from Honey Bee.  I got the soft background by using my long neglected Clarity brushes with Broken China Distress Ink.  Since I seem to have a heavy hand using regular blending brushes those have come in handy lately. The flowers are done in Altenew Pastel Sunrise and the embossed frame is SSS's Blossom Field.  

Lawn Fawn is the sponsor of this challenge and they will award the winner a $25 store credit.  We're being joined by Joyce Mehrberg as the winner of challenge #262.  Please check out what she and the rest of the Design Team have made for your inspiration.







If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

8 comments:

Kate said...

I love your interpretation of the photo inspiration and your sweet dogwood blooms Bobby! Your colouring is subtle and beautiful and with the white embossed sentiment, just perfect for a sympathy card! Gorgeous dimension with the embossed background too! Hugs, Kate!

Greta said...

I came close to just using colors from the photo, too! This is so beautiful, Bobby! Your light blue background done with those brushes is amazing!

I Card Everyone said...

Bobby, I love where those colors in the photo took you! So very pretty!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

How lovely. I really like the soft colors and that textured background is a perfect choice. This is so pretty!

Ida said...

Oh this is really lovely. I like that you were inspired by the colors in the photo.

TK said...

Lovely soft colors, and I definitely see the inspiration from the colors in the photo! Such a pretty branch, and such soft colors too

Bonnie said...

I see the clouds in that pretty blue sky! Love these dogwoods, Bobby!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Great idea to use the colors, and you have done that beautifully!