Friday, July 1, 2011

One of my first Cricut cards

One thing I like about making my own cards is that you can customize them for the occassion.  When a friend was having open heart surgery, I wanted a card that spoke to that.  This is what I came up with.

The first layer of this A2 card is cut at 5 1/4 x 4 from red paper as is the heart from Fabulous Finds. It is on page 14, windows layer, and I hid the contours of the slit on top. The next layer is cut at 5 x 3 3/4 in a cream color.  (I would have cuttlebugged it if I'd had embossing folders at the time).  The band aid is also from Fabulous Findss, page 3, with the little holes hidden.  I cut it in a flesh color and used foam mounts in the middle to give it some dimension. 

I have a wedding tomorrow and then it's off to the lake for several days.  Unfortunately there's no internet so I won't be posting again until next Tuesday.  I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July.

No comments: