Tuesday, July 12, 2011

This one is finished

In yesterday's picture of my unfinished projects, there was a blue bird cut from Stretch Your Imagination and a polka dot card from DCWV.  The sentiment had already been printed in the card and so had a tag saying "A little bird told me...".  I cut out a layer in brown for the bird to match one of the card colors and backed the sentiment with a scrap the color of his beak.  I used my gel pen to make lines in the shadow and added black pearls for the eyes.  Everything was pop dotted and here is the result.
Oh, and I cuttlebugged him to add texture and hopefully make it look like feathers.  It's not the best card I've ever made but  I can see that my skills are improving from when I started this almost a year ago. 

Tomorrow another card from the unfinished pile. 

No comments: