Friday, August 26, 2011

Two weeks have passed

It's been two weeks since my last post.  A lot has been going on and I haven't had the time to get into my craft room.  I had originally posted some of the details but then - being new to blogging - I accidentally left the dashboard and when I came back I could not edit my draft.  Or my post.  Live and learn I guess.  Anyway, here's my first card in a while, ready for two challenges. 

This card is based on a sketch for the challenge at  http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/  I have never done designs from sketches before and thought it would stretch my creativity.

The stripe paper is from a craft store near the lake and is from Kaisercraft.  The polka dot is SUI's Bitty Dots and the purple from Core'dinations assorted strips.  I used a punch on the pink and wanted to use my Cricut for a border on the purple.  My Design Studio isn't working and since I was pressed for time, I just tore the edges.  The sentiment was printed on the computer and cut from Storybook along with the purple shadow.  I made a test cut and then lined up the print so it would cut in the right place.   I also plan to enter it into the FCCB birthday challenge.

I have some sewing to do but I will get another card or two done so I'll have posts for the rest of the weekend. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Nice birthday card- good choice of papers! Thanks for sharing this week at FCCB! :)Amy A
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com