Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Criss Cross Card

This week's challenge at Birthday Sundaes was to make a criss cross card.  I had never made one before but they referred us to a tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers.  Let's just say it was a Murphy's Law day while I tried to make this card.  If you learn from your mistakes, then I learned a lot today. :) 

The card base is pink card stock and the printed paper is from My Mind's Eye.  You need to know that the directions say you can cut a piece of printed paper 4" by 5" and then cut it on the diagonal for the two pieces that cover the base.  This only works if you have double-sided paper - and then only if you want two different prints on the front of your card.  Otherwise you need to cut two 4 x 5 rectangles and be sure to cut them diagonally in the opposite direction.  Do I sound like I know this from experience?  You bet I do.  But at least I have some cut for another card.

I cut a circle from the print, ran it upside down in my Xyron and poured "Diamond Dust" all over it.  I cut the strip 1" (the directions said 1 1/2)  but it was my choice to make it narrower.  I ran a piece of Magic Tape 1/2 " wide down the center of the strip on the front only and covered it with "Diamond Dust".  The circle is mounted on foam tape.




The insert measurements were incorrect also.  The printed paper is cut 3 3/4 by 5 1/2 but the neutral paper should be cut 3 1/2 by 5, not 4 3/4 as per their directions.  I printed the sentiment on the lower portion of the card and rounded the corners.   The Happy Birthday is a stamp from PTI in bright green and then heat embossed with clear powder.  I think the card is beautiful, if I do say so myself.  Now that I know how to do it, I'm sure I'll make more.  

1 comment:

DIANA L. said...

This is so pretty I love that you rounded the corners it gives it such a feminine look especially with the flowered paper
Very pretty.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com