Friday, September 23, 2011

On the Bright Side

This week's challenge on Mojo Monday was an interesting design.  I think I'm beginning to like doing these sketch challenges because they are just that - a challenge.
I'm not really a bow person, especially not the big ones that I see on some cards.  I often wonder how you mail a card that thick.  And I do send my cards in the mail.  But this sketch is for inspiration and I was inpired to make this -

I have this small stack of black and white prints and decided to use them to make the rectangles.  Then, instead of a bow, I made these glasses from the Nifty Fifties cartridge.  I cut an extra layer from red vellum to make the glass portion and I think they came out perfect.  Well, they could have been a little bigger but I liked them so much I didn't want to do them over.  Then I had to come up with a sentiment and chose "Look on the bright side."  It fits, don't you think.  (The red in the background is just for the photo.  The card didn't show up well on white paper.)

Now I have to get busy and get more cards made.  A girl's fun never ends. ;)



No comments: