Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pumpkin Time

I love Halloween and always make my grandchildren cards but I just can't get in the mood yet..  Some of the recent challenges may push me on my way.  Fantabulous Cricut's # 80 challenge is "Pumpkin Time" which could be Halloween.  I liked the viney pumpkins on the Happy Hauntings cartridge and decided to use it on a card.  Then I saw this sketch from Sweet Sunday and thought it would showcase a pumpkin just fine.



Here is the card that the sketch inspired.

I pulled colors from the background print to make the various pieces.  The print is from a Seasonal stack from Cloud 9 that I've had for a while.  I used the light orange for the card base and the scalloped circle that was cut from Happy Hauntings.  The loopy strip is from MS Elegant Cakes and is really purple, although it looks blue in the picture.  The polka dot circle, cut from George and Basic Shapes, is from an Echo Park 8 x 8 stack called "For the Record".  The pumpkin is from an orange scrap as is the green vine.  I used a Sizzix embossing folder called "Cracked" to emboss the pumpkiin and then heat embossed to give it some shine.  The circles and pumpkin are mounted with foam dimensionals.  Whew, that's a lot of "pumpkins" in that sentence.

I think my grandkids will expect something a little scarier but I can still send this to someone.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Whoa! Love the embossing on your pumpkin--that looks so great! Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)