Saturday, November 19, 2011

It's a Tree-t

I've been away for a few days doing some slipolstery.  That's a combination of slipcovering and upholstery, a word I made up for just such a project.  My daughter-in-law bought a wonderful chair at a garage sale but the color wasn't right.  Plus her artistic side wanted something more colorful.  My son accused her of bringing me in for slave labor but it was a labor of love.  I also loved spending time with them but I missed doing my card challenges.

Today's card is just in time for the Birthday Sundaes challenge - include a tree.  There are so many trees to choose from even on my limited number of cartridges but I decided on one from Stretch Your Imagination.

This is a card cut and something different than I've done before.  I used a Kraftcore cardstock from Core'dinations for the base and a paper from Cloud 9 for the frame.  The tree layer is a scrap of brown cardstock run through the Cuttlebug with a woodgrain embosssing folder.  The leaves are from a scrap of reddish brown that I inked a little to add some dimension.    I also put a piece of the same color under the cut-out leaves on the frame.  The outside sentiment was printed on the computer before I cut the frame and the inside one was printed on a paper from my stash and attached to the back of the card.
This view shows you the cut-out and the blue background.  The sentiment inside says "Tree-t Yourself!"  Now that I've tried it, I think I may do a few more of these cut-out cards.  I want to try one where you cut out the front and put the picture on the inside, too.  I've seen a few on blogs and they are really impressive.

2 comments:

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes!

Hugs,
Jo:)

Tracey said...

Fabulous card.......love the window:)
Thanks 4 joining us at Birthday Sundaes:)