Friday, November 4, 2011

Tough Challenge

I'm not sure I even want to enter this card in the Mojo Monday challenge.  I usually love their challenges but this one was a bear. 
We had our choice between a round or square card.  I like the round ones so decided to give it a go.  My main problem was that I made the base card too small.  It's actually 5 1/2" across but the border area is wide so the middle circle is only 3 1/2".  See for yourself.

I can't remember what cartridge I cut the base card from.  One of these days I'll remember to write it down.  I welded the shadow in Design Studio, then cut another shadow in green to go over and hide the welded section.  On top of that went the "lace" border and the print circle.  That meant I had to cut all the various pieces in the sketch to fit the middle.  I did it but it looks crowded to me.  All the printed paper is from a Cricut Celebrations stack. I chose this paper because I thought it was looser and more fun to fit with the wonkiness of the scalloped border. The purple flower was punched from plain cardstock and I colored a pearl with my orange Bic Marker for the center.  I like the individual pieces, but together it gives me pause. 

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love the whimsical look of the scalloped base - and the smaller details in the inner circle are just perfect! I'm glad you went ahead and entered the challenge. Your card looks great!