Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Owl Sketch

I have a whole library of digital images that I got from pcCrafter years ago.  While looking for something else, I ran across this owl picture.  I printed it up, not knowing quite what I'd do with it until the Sweet Sunday sketch came along.  It was a perfect fit.



Isn't he just the cutest?  The background paper is from Lost and Found by My Mind's Eye, the basket weave from a DCWV picture stack and the polka dot from who know's where.  I have a lot of the "who knows where" paper.  I've picked up pieces in a variety of stores and they are not always labeled on the paper.

Sometimes when I am finished with a card I see things I might change if I were to do it again.  The polka dot behind the image for example.  It blends in too much with the horizontal piece but I didn't want to use the blue as the vertical strip.  Ooops, as I previewed this I realized I should have put the polka dot behind the basketweave.  That probably would make a big difference.  If I can take it apart, I will.  I could have used a darker blue circle but it's done now and it's not bad, just not great.  And I haven't decided what sentiment will go inside.  Get well maybe?  He looks like he needs a good rest.

2 comments:

Karen Giron said...

He's just adorable! I love how you colored your moon too - so real! Super job with the sketch this week :)

Bobby said...

I can't take credit for the coloring. These images come already colored.