Saturday, April 21, 2012

Birthday Symbols

Sometimes I get an idea in my head but the execution doesn't turn out the same.  I had an idea for the Mojo Monday sketch challenge this week.

I wanted to put little birthday symbols in place of the circles.   Maybe they should have been bigger because I don't think they look quite right.



The card is 5 1/8 by 7".  I layered it with red and then a confetti/streamer paper.  I cut the images from Simply Charmed at 1 1/2".  I was amazed at how well they cut in that small size.  Even the tiny layer pieces.  I used the Spots and Dots Cuttlebug folder to emboss the strip the images are on and layered it on red.  The sentiment was stamped with red and the ends cut with my square punch.  All in all, it's a cute card, just not what was in my mind.  I may try this again using bigger images or smaller card.

No comments: