Monday, April 30, 2012

Challenge...ing

Today's card was a challenge in more ways than one.  First, I'm rushing again to make the deadline for the Freshly Made challenge.  Second, it's a card for a widowed friend whose daughter, a service veteran, committed suicide.  Third, everything that could go wrong in the making of this card did.  But I toughed through it and it's ready to be shown and mailed.

The Freshly Made sketch:

My card:


The printed paper is from K and Company, the cardstock from PTI. I inked everything with either Peeled Paint or Vintage Photo Distressed Ink.  The "bling" are rhinestones that I colored with permanent markers.  (I'm glad this technique works so well.  It saves me from buying tons of bling in different colors.)

There's not much you can say in a situation like this but Dave is a huggy man and that is why I typed this sentiment.  Inside it says "to bring you comfort everyday." 

1 comment:

Jen Mitchell said...

What a tragic story. I'm sure your friend will be comforted by your thoughtfulness.