Thursday, April 5, 2012

Egg-ceptional Easter

It's getting too close to Easter to make individual cards for all my grandchildren so I'm making them by family.  Yesterday I posted a card for three of them, and today is for another two.  I have two older ones but they may not get cards this year.  Even if I get them made, the mail may not make it there.  I'll have to decide that later.  Right now it's time for the Egg/Easter challenges card.


I used Doodlecharms to cut the basket border from some woven looking paper.  The actual border was 3 baskets, but by using Design Studio I could enlarge the border so that I could cut off one basket and have the two fit on an A2 card.  I used the eggs on the border key to cut three different papers and glued them to the back of the basket.  The lavendar background paper was cut at 5 1/4 x 4.  I printed the sentiment on my computer and then aligned the Paisley Cuttlebug folder below the printing to emboss the lower portion of the card.  Adding a couple of sheer bows made the card complete.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut #105 - Egg-ceptional Easter  and
Cooking With Cricut #80 - Easter

9 comments:

scrapqueen141 said...

Very sweet card! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut!
http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

Megan said...

Pretty embossing! Love the Easter baskets! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB this week!

Madison said...

Fabulous job. Love the paper you used for the baskets. They look awesome:) TFS and thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut!!
~Madison CWC DT Funkycards.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Cute card! Love the embossing! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Arcy Scraps said...

What a lovely card! I really like teh color combo! glad you joined us at fccb!
♥ Cyndy

Cindy Beland said...

This is such a great card!AWESOME job with it,Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Wow the paper you used for the baskets is amazing. They look like you could carry them right off the card. Love it! Thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut. Happy Easter!

Hattie said...

Cute card. Thanks for linking with us at Cooking with Cricut.
Hattie
hattieshaven.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Love this card, Bobby! The paper you used for the baskets is perfect! Thanks for linking up this week at Cooking With Cricut.

~ Jen