Sunday, May 13, 2012

Down on the Farm

I have just a few minutes before the day begins to post my card for the My Craft Spot challenge - Down on the Farm.


Most of the entries were barns and cows but I wanted to do this little scarecrow from Simply Charmed.  I made him a shaped card, adding the "newly growing corn" to the bottom so he would stand up.  He doesn't have a second set of arms (lol).  That is the back section of the base that was cut from kraft cardstock.  I stamped his face with a Peachy Keen stamp and his hair is from a photo paper of hay.  I cut extra pieces to fill in around his face.  He has denim jeans and hat and an old "flannel" shirt.  I don't think he'll scare any crows but he sure is cute.

5 comments:

Kate said...

This is such a clever idea! Your scarecrow looks wonderful - especially with his hay hair!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

So cute and the details are just amazing!! Love the use of flannel and denim! I love the adorable fae and hair too! Thanks for taking the time to play along with us at My Craft Spot!
Amber

Marlene said...

Soo CUTE! Love the idea of using a photo of hay. Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot.

Marlene
DT Member

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Adorable!! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot

Kimberly

Glenda said...

Cute shaped card! Love the little scarecrow! Clever idea for the hair!
Glenda