Monday, May 28, 2012

Fleur de Lis

I like sketch challenges.  Sometimes they inspire to use a certain paper.  Sometimes it's the image that I cut.  For this sketch by Freshly Made, I wanted to come up with an image to replace the three squares.


I knew I had a number of different symbols in the Accent Essentials cartridge.  I looked through the handbook and voila', there was the fleur de lis.  Then came the paper pick.  Lost and Found from My Mind's Eye.


I cut the fleur de lis from gold paper, embossed them with the Sizzix Damask folder, placing the pattern in just the right place.  Here is a close up.  I inked the edges and embossing with Black Soot Distress Ink. 


The pictures came out two very different colors.  The entire card is more the color of the background paper.  In order to get the gold without a lot of shine, I turned off the lamp and used the flash.  That washed out the background color but lets you see the embossing.  


No comments: