Thursday, June 14, 2012

Smile

Today's card is based on the sketch at Card Patterns.



I tend to follow sketches pretty closely but was determined to change that on this one.  I had in mind an image I wanted to use.  I eliminated the circle and used the image in it's place.



I cut the camera from Create a Critter.  The paper is from a glimmer stack except the black, which I covered with Glossy Accents to make it look like glass.  The other paper is from random places.  I cut the tag from a punch and stamped it with a TPC stamp that I colored with a marker to get it the same orangey color.  I also antiqued the edges to fit in more with the antiqued background.

Now that I've made this image, I want to use it on some of my scrapbook pages.  Speaking of, I NEED to get back to scrapbooking.  I am so far behind, although I do have all my pictures organized in chronological order by event.  It will be easy to pull out a group of photos and start scrapping.  I just need to put cardmaking aside for a while.  It breaks my heart to say that.  Maybe I can make time for both.



1 comment:

whoistracy said...

How cute is this?!?! Love that camera. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week!