Sunday, July 15, 2012

Two Sun Days, part 1

Two challenges had sun as their theme this week, both very different, and both new challlenges for me.  The deadlines are today and I'm not sure about putting them both on the same post so you will see two.

First up is CASology.  They had the clue word "sun".


The card is 3 1/2 by 7.  I printed the sentiment on the computer then cut the sun from a yellow scrap.  I inked it with Mustard Seed Distress Ink and then, using the end of my ink blending tool, I swiped the ink out to make rays. 

I hope you have a sunny day.  But not too hot.

3 comments:

Ardyth said...

What a great way to make the rays - I love the sweepy uneven-ness of them - matches so well with the font of the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology's first challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fun sun you created, love that you used distressed inks. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

Melissa said...

Very creative! Love your sun...looks like a painting! The sentiment font is wonderful too! Thank you so much for joining us at CASology for our very first challenge! :)