Friday, July 27, 2012

Wedding

I really like entering the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge because it's one of the few that features cuts from a Cricut machine.  This week the challenge is Wedding Bliss.  I don't often need a wedding card so I don't have a lot of Cricut carts with wedding images.  I've seen some wonderful things that other bloggers have made with their intricate cuts of brides and grooms but I settled for a simple cake from Simply Charmed.


To  make it special I knew I needed some sparkly paper.  Both the aqua and white frosting are glitter paper from DCWV's Linen Closet.  The silver cake plate is a scrap from a  DCWV shimmer stack.  The background paper is from MMI Lost and Found.  I didn't want to add anything more for a sentiment so I just stamped the Mr & Mrs from the Tiny Tags 2 set from My Craft Spot right on the background.  I inked the stamp with VersaMark first, then colored it with a marker in the aqua color.  That allowed me to heat emboss with clear embossing powder.  A band of shear shimmery ribbon and it's done.  

Not the best but not the worst card I've ever done.  I'm either in a funk, or I hurried too much, or I just couldn't get into the wedding theme.  Take your pick.  lol

No comments: