Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New Purchases

I have several notebooks and a bunch of paper scraps that have ideas, how-tos and other "important" card making and scrapbooking information on them.  Witness below:


I have been wanting some kind of organizational system and thought I had an idea of what would work best for me.  I was browsing craig'slist to see what I could find and this is what I ultimately ended up purchasing.  Do you know what it is?

.
It's a giant, antique Rolodex file.  I had searched for a rolodex before but most are so small that it wouldn't be useful. - or the price was sky high.  This one was $20.

The cards in this one (and yes, it came with the blank cards) are 3" x 5" so I can run them right through my printer.   If I ever run out, I could just use regular index cards and cut the hole.  Now I just have to get busy and start typing up all those notes.  Stay tuned for how this all works out.


I saw on some blogs that crafters were getting Cricut cartridges on clearance at WalMart.  Every once in a while when I went in to our store, I checked to see if the same was true.  No such luck until yesterday.  I went after lightbulbs, which took me right by a clearance aisle, and there they were. Yay!  sort of.  I was a little disappointed in the selection but I picked up these two.


Live Simply and B is for Boy.  They were the only ones I thought I would actually use.  They are lite cartridges so the images are limited but there are a number on each one that I like.  I'm anxious to get started making cards with them.   I may have a post later today with one if I get my other "jobs" done.
See you then.

No comments: