Monday, May 6, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #26

I love to do sketch challenges, especially when they are simple, with a chance for wide interpretation.  This is true of this week's CAS(E) This Sketch.


My creativity has been lacking lately so I went simple on this one.


The band on the sketch didn't look like a separate piece of paper to me so I wanted to try something different.  I embossed with my Die-namics grosgrain ribbon plate.  That was a fete in itself.  I kept trying different thicknesses to make it fit through my Cuttlebug and still emboss.  If I'm doing something wrong, somebody please tell me.  Once I had a good impression, I masked off each side and colored it with Tattered Rose Distress Ink.  I love the soft rustic look of it and it goes great with this Linen Closet paper from The Paper Studio.  The paper comes already distressed with the blue and white so I used Broken China to stamp the sentiment from My Craft Spot.  It came out a little bright so I went over it with Picket Fence Distress Stain using a small brush.  It doesn't show up much in the photo but it matches perfectly.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Please leave a comment so I know you were here and have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Ardyth said...

You know I love that grosgrain plate- what a neat ideato use it directly on the card front. I haven't tried it like that (when I use it in my Cuttlebug, I think I use one b plate and one c plate (along with the a plate. Love the soft peachy colours and texture! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Joyce said...

This is an awesome take on the sketch. Cool embossing.

Bobby said...

I couldn't get the a, b and c plates to fit without the fear of breaking them. I ended up using a, b, 3 pieces of thin cardboard and the rubber mat.

donna mikasa said...

A perfect take on our sketch! Maybe you could add more card stock shims, but usually 2 B plates plus a rubber mat should give you good results. Good luck! And thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!