Monday, June 10, 2013

Banners and Flags

Yesterday we drove north to join in the 50th anniversary celebration of some friends.  We met them in Gulf Shores 18 years ago only to find out they live a little over an hour from us here in Michigan.  It was a beautiful day for a drive so we took the non-highway route, passing some lovely lakes on the way.  You can see the card I made for them here.

Today's card is for Freshly Made.


The flags/banners are mostly from a paper pad from Seen and Noted by Pebbles.  The sentiment is a stamp from PTI in HA Tide Pool and the twine is from My Craft Spot.  The whole thing is popped up on cardstock embossed with the Seeing Spots folder.  I kept the background white so I could also enter this in the challenge at CASual Fridays.


Today is dreary with rain showers in the offing.  A wonderful day for paper crafting, I think.  I hope you have a creative day wherever you are.

Thanks for stopping by to visit.

7 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the texture of the background not to mention all those colorful, fun flags! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Joyce said...

This is a super take on the sketch. I have that paper pad, and completely forgot about it--what a great choice for all your banners.

Alice said...

great pop of colors. lovely card! thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is beautiful! I love the overall clean-ness to your card I just love the DSP's you've chosen for your banners! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Pamela said...

Pretty! I love all the pattern paper you chose for the banners! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Kelly Griglione said...

Yep, it looks colorful enough for the "happy" yet plenty of white space for the CAS. Well done, Bobby! Thanks so much for playing in the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Kate said...

This is so bright and fun! I love the look of your banners!

I don't think I knew that you were in Michigan. We're almost neighbours!!