Tuesday, June 25, 2013

PTI Blog Hop

This is my second post today but I got an email reminding me of the Papertrey Ink June Blog Hop  

and I wanted to quickly make a card.  That's right.  I said quickly make.  For all the struggling I've been doing lately with my card making, this one just fell into place.  The inspiration for the card is


and here's my gold encrusted card.


I started with a black A2 card base.  Then I cut a piece of white paper a quarter inch smaller and heat embossed around the edges with gold embossing powder.  The word "young" was printed on the computer on paper that was sized to 3.75" by 5".   The "forever" is cut using PTI's Wonderful Words die out of gold from DCWV Christmas Glitter card stack.  It is mounted on a cut from Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge and popped up on foam tape.  I wish the photo showed the glitter better but it's shiny IRL.

Thanks for stopping by.  Come back again.

5 comments:

Karen C. said...

I love this idea for a birthday card!! My brother's birthday is right around the corner and this looks like such a great concept. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Kelly Griglione said...

That is a wonderful birthday card, great for any experienced birthday people! Great idea on the sentiment, Bobby!!

Lindsey said...

Definitely no signs of struggle here. What a beautiful card! And I wish I had it because the clever sentiment would be just perfect for a neighbor friend of mine who is turning 70 on Sunday.

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty!

Kate said...

This is such an elegant card! The gold and black makes for such a striking combination. And I am SO impressed with the embossed edges you've created. They look so smooth and perfect! Wow!