Saturday, September 14, 2013

CASology #61

This morning we watched my husband's great-grandson play football.  Now you normally wouldn't call football players cute but these kids are 8 and 9 years old with helmets almost as big as they are.  They ARE cute!   Oh, btw, they won, 12 - 6.

Today's card is for CASology.


The Cricut cartridge A Child's Year is full of silhouettes.  I just had to choose one


Considering the fact that so many in my family are artists, I thought this would make a cute card.  I used the Watercolor Wonder stamps from PTI with Distress Inks for my background.  Quick and easy.  Truth be told, not really.  This is actually the third try at a background.  I tried water coloring and splattering but nothing turned out like I wanted.  Stamps to the rescue.  Wait!  Did I, a non-stamper, just say that?   I did, but that doesn't mean I will be buying a lot more stamps.

I'm glad you stopped by.  I love reading your comments so please leave one.   I'll be sure to return the favor.


6 comments:

Darnell said...

I adore it, Bobby! You ended up with a background that perfectly suits that child artist!! Maybe you are softening about stamps. You have the best will power in not succumbing to the siren call of stamps of any other card artist I know!!

Joyce said...

This is just fabulous. What a cute die cut, and perfect to pair with the Watercolor Wonder stamps.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Bobby, I agree, this is a perfect match with the watercolor wonders set! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Bobby thisi is fabulously artistic! ;) Thank you for joining us this week at CASology!

Rosemary said...

fantastic card, bobby... love the silhouette against that artsy background! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Kate said...

What a fabulous card!!! The stamped paint splatters are just perfect behind your wonderful silhouette!!

Congrats to your husband's great-grandson. Woo hoo!