Tuesday, October 15, 2013

CTS #49 and CF #117

I had a few minutes during Dancing with the Stars last night to make a card for CASE This Sketch



and CAS-ual Fridays.



The balloons were cut from George and Basic Shapes, the stitched lines are from PTI's Sew Simple Borders, and the sentiment is from Hero Arts.

I'm not sure when I'll have time to make another card.  I am making Spanish dancer skirts for the ballet company that my granddaughter is in and they need to be done ASAP.  Other things keep getting in the way and I'm beginning to wonder when I'll have time to sit down and sew.  I had to come up with my own pattern and I do have one skirt cut out.  After they are sewn together, I need to ruffle 10 yards of lace to sew on them.  Wish me luck.

Thanks for stopping by.  May your day be filled with joy.

10 comments:

Jingle said...

Very cute! The balloons are fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet card!

Happy Dance said...

What a good grandma! Here's me wishing you all the best and I know the girls will love them. Your card is so sweet! Love the stitched strings. Very clever. Bev

Joyce said...

good luck with your sewing. This is so festive, and your balloon strings are a fabulous idea.

Darnell said...

VERY clever card for both of these challenges, Bobby! I wish you lots of luck with your HUGE sewing and ruffling project!! Hugs, Darnell

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your patterned balloons! Great take on the sketch!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh wow, I wonder how long it would take to ruffle 10 yards of lace (like "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a lolly pop?!") GOOD LUCK, Bobby! And, fun stitching on your balloon strings. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Colleen said...

Great card for this sketch! Your balloons are really fun with those pattern papers!

Betty said...

Your balloons are so cute. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Kate said...

Good luck with the skirts! My life is full of moments when I feel I've bitten off far more than I can chew, but somehow, everything gets done. I'm sure you'll finish the skirts too.

I LOVE your take on the sketch! The pop of colour in the balloons looks fabulous!