Sunday, November 10, 2013

STS #7

I finally had a chance to do a little crafting yesterday and decided to get back in the groove with a sketch challenge.  Seize the Sketch has this one to work from and it had me stumped for a little while. Maybe that's why I'm hurrying to make the deadline.


I didn't think through my card so there were things I was going to do to it and forgot until it was all stuck together.  It still turned out okay, just not what I was thinking.


I used printed paper instead of adding a sentiment.   The candles, cut from a PTI die, are embossed with the Distressed Stripes embossing folder, but once I added the Glossy Accents, the embossing sort of disappeared.  I was going for a waxy look and failed.  :(  I also added Glossy Accents and glitter to the flames.


Now that my work surface is a mess, maybe it will inspire me to get some more cards done.  I know that doesn't sound logical, but I'm hoping what I have out will spark something for another card.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope your creativity soars this week.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Great interpretation of the sketch. I like your candles, and it was a super idea to use paper with a sentiment as part of the design.

Darnell said...

Your candles totally look like wax when I click on them to enlarge them on my monitor, Bobby! And I love how you used the printed paper as your sediment ~ it conveys your message and it's an opportunity to use that patterned paper! I also like that you "hoped the mess would 'spark' more creativity" right after your were talking about the candle flames! Good one!! Hugs, Darnell

Rose said...

yay for finding some crafty time!!! super take on the sketch :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch