Saturday, January 10, 2015

MIM #196

I said I'd been playing around with some stamps and the resulting card is below.  I got the Beautiful Brushstrokes set from Papertrey Ink some time ago and used it a few times but never really got into the multi-level stamping.  I thought the challenge at Make It Monday - Colorful Card Corners - would be the perfect time to practice until I got it right.


In Danielle's video, she also used a stamp to create a background on the rest of the card front.  I chose to use Penny Black's Oh Christmas Tree stamp because of it's swirly lines, and did some second generation stamping with it.  The sentiment is also from PB.

Thanks for stopping by.  Remember, practice makes perfect so if there's a stamp (set) you haven't conquered, try it today, and play, play, play.

12 comments:

victoria h said...

pretty card- beautiful flowers too!

Becca Cruger said...

Well I'd definitely say you've conquered it! Love that artsy feel to those flowers and that yummy buttery yellow. Just lovely!

Laurie Unger said...

Love this! The back ground you created is awesome. Those yellow flowers stand out beautifully too! Great job with the PTIMiM challenge.

Jacee said...

Very pretty design for a difficult subject to design for, well done
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Anita in France said...

So lovely, Bobby ... the soft curves of those beautiful blooms are fabulous with the subtle swirly background! Anita :)

Shelly said...

So soft and pretty!

Kathryn A said...

Love the Beautiful Brushstrokes flowers! I haven't done them in yellows, and I wonder why, when I look at how lovely these turned out! Great card!!

I Card Everyone said...

OH so beautiful, Bobby... you really conquered this MIM!
=] Michele

Kate said...

This is so pretty! The design is just perfect for a sympathy card.

Joyce said...

Stunning sympathy card. You are reminding me how pretty those Brushstroke flowers are, and why I should pull them out soon.

Nancy said...

Soooooo pretty Bobby!!! Really a great sympathy card! You are inspiring me girl!

cm said...

Your multi-level stamped roses are gorgeous, and the swirly tree is a lovely background! My comments are sounding the same, but truth is truth: your cards are pure delights!
Hugs~c