Saturday, January 16, 2016

Freshly Made #219 and Muse #148

Happy Saturday.  I'm taking a break from quilting to post two cards.  The first one is for Freshly Made Sketches.

I love those crazy birds but this is the first time inking them up.  I tried to color him with the colors from the dp that's been sitting in my stash forever.  My proportions are a little off but the sketch is there.
Next up is Muse and Anita's CAS inspiration.
This is a fairly basic design layout so I wanted to do something different with it.  I grabbed my NBUS Peekaboo Dots and made this.
I cut and glued strips behind the holes leaving an edge on the top and bottom colors and kept with the get well sentiment of Anita's card.

Okay, back to sewing.  Or should I finish a couple of cards I've started.  Hmmm. . . .


15 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the crazy bird Bobby! I recognize that paper & love the way you echoed the colors on your crazy bird!

I Card Everyone said...

OH I want that paper!!! Bobby this guy just makes me smile! and your Muse card is totally Ardyth-esque and cute as a button!
=]

Sandy said...

Wonderful cards - I do like your bird - he is colored so beautifully!
Sandy xx

Darnell said...

Two great creations, Bobby! I really, really like the way you watercolored that crazy bird, so thank you for that inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

Neets B said...

Great cards, Bobby. I love your graphic take on my card, I forgot I had that peekaboo die, must dig it out.
Thanks for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

Kim Heggins said...

Love your card Bobby...what a fabulous take on Anita's card, so much fun.

Ardyth said...

I like how you think - I had a similar die out but didn't get this far with my idea - I really like how it turned out! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Bobby!

Jen W. said...

Those birds really are cute and this guy works perfectly with that gorgeous patterned paper. Love your take on the Muse card too - really clever!

Cindy Hall said...

Great cards! Those "Angry Birds" just crack me up and you've done a fabulous job with yours. Thanks for playing along with my sketch at FMS this week!

Greta said...

Your bird is beautiful & love how you used the dots die! Great card for the Muse challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Crazy birds are the best and your is coloured perfectly. Love the colouyred dots for Muse as well, thank you for joining us!

Marilyn said...

Fun card for Muse. Love the dots.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a fabulous card! I love the mix of image and colours you've used! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

cm said...

ACK! Your crazy bird is awesome! That face is priceless! Your polka-dot Muse card: yep...love it!
hugs~c

Anita in France said...

That crazy bird is so fun, Bobby ... the colouring and blending is brilliant! Cool NBUS die ... those tiny dots of colour are fantastic against the glorious white! Hugs, Anita :)