Sunday, February 7, 2016

Casology # 183 and TIME OUT #49

I counted up my valentines yesterday and I don't have nearly enough so I have a couple today that fit two different challenges.  CASology has Glitter for it's word cue and I made this.
It's a PB set stamped in HA India Black and colored with Distress Inks.  No glitter you say?  Just you look.
One of the extras that Catherine Pooler put in her #Stamp of Approval box was a wonderful Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen.  Watch out WOS.  This one really glitters.

I could not put that pen down so I tried it on colored cs for my entry into the TIME OUT challenge - "Love is a flower you've go to let grow".  You can use all or any part of that sentence and I think I have the stamp that covers it all.
Doesn't that look just like love flowers growing?  I used this stamp before in black with red Stickles. Here I white embossed the 'plant' and filled in the hearts with the SN Clear Sparkle pen.  You can get a little glimpse of it in this close-up. It looks like red glitter IRL.
Now that I have these posted, I'm off to a Super Bowl party dressed in orange and blue.


14 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I am doing the same thing - look for challenges and see what fits my needs ;) - Great cards, Bobby - especially your first beauty!

Claire said...

I like the look of that Spectrum Noir sparkle - it even shows up in photos! Gorgeous cards - love the doodled hearts in the first!

I Card Everyone said...

Awesome sparkle!!! I was really late to the WOS party ... looks like there's a new kid on the block! Darling cards, Bobby. For someone who isn't into CAS, you are really rockin' it!
=]

Nonni said...

You are right, that stamp is perfect for our challenge! Great thinking! The glitter pen looks very beautiful too. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge.

Jacquie Southas said...

I totally see the love flowers in your second card, but have to say the first card is my favorite! Will definitely be checking out the Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen.

Ardyth said...

Love the clean feeling and the sparkle! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Joyce said...

Both of these lovey dovey cards are so wonderful and sparkly. Love them both...thanks so much for playing along at CASology and Time Out.

Sandy said...

I love your valentines - especially the first one -- no maybe the second one is the one I think is best - but maybe that first one is the best design - no - it just has to be the red and white one. I just love red and white together!
Sandy xx

Mac Mable said...

Love the contemporary and unique look on both of your cards. Very creative and always loving a little bit of bling x

cm said...

Two Valentine cards that have my heart a pitter-pattering with joy! Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen...oh my! I'll be keeping an eye out for that...Hope your Super Bowl party was a blast!
Hugs~c

Anita in France said...

Those hearts are so cool and groovy, Bobby ... such a great retro feel ... and awesome sparkle from that Spectrum Noir pen (wish list just took another hit!!). Your heart vines are gorgeous ... delicious crisp white amid the bold red ... and the shimmer ... so yum-my! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful heart "flower"! Love it embossed in white on that red and the sparkle adds even more glamour! I'm going to have to check out that pen!

Bonnie said...

Oh, and that black and white heart in the first card is breathtaking!

Shona Chambers said...

Wow, that pen can really give the WOS a run for its money!! I find it so hard to capture the shimmer of WOS in a photo but you can definitely see it on your cards. Might have to look into this one...... Your 'love grows' card couldn't be more perfect for our challenge and I love the detail of the stamp, with it also being a CAS design. We are always so happy to see you at TIME OUT and hope you had enough Valentines cards in the end!!