Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Less Is More #330

I made a card quite a while ago using this technique called Pearlized Stamp Layering from Jennifer McGuire.  It's been sitting on my desk just waiting for a challenge and it's finally here.  Less Is More wants shimmer and shimmer they're going to get.
You need a layering stamp for this technique and I used  Beautiful Day from Altenew.  For directions and video on how to get this shimmery effect, click on the link above.  I cut the panel with a curved die, mounted it on Soft Stone and curved the sentiment from Penny Black along the edge.  You know how it it with photographing shimmer.  It's difficult to get it to show but take it from me, the lighter portions of the card have a beautiful pearly shine.

We  My husband weeded the no-flower flower beds yesterday and today we will bring in some mulch.  Except for my lovely Columbine on one side of the house and the hydrangea I got from my parent's house before it sold, I have trouble getting anything to grow.  I've resorted to mulch and a few pots and hope they will look okay with my garden items - several old plows, an old yellow wheelbarrow, a vintage push mower and a few other rustic pieces.  Yes, as my granddaughter says "Gramby loves old metal".

Have a wonderful day and thanks for dropping by.



12 comments:

Esther said...

Gorgeous card! I love that lush purple and shimmer, and the elegant curve of the sentiment. Really fabulous effect and very stylish! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Sarah G said...

I really must have a go with this technique, Bobby, as it looks gorgeous! Love the shimmer against the rich purple and it gives another look to those versatile Altenew stamps. Great to see you at Less is More :)

Lynn said...

I love this gorgeous card. With my mom moving in with us, we have lots of gorgeous pots because she has the patience to water!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Absolutely stunning Bobby and it really is a fantastic technique to showcase shimmer. I need to have a go at that too. Beautiful striking design and the perfect blooms from Altenew. Thanks for playing along at Less is More

Loll said...

Really beautiful Bobby. Such a pretty technique, thanks for the link. Love your layout and design too. xx

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card Bobby, I like the shimmer!!

Anita in France said...

Rich, luxurious and elegant, Bobby ... the soft, subtle shimmer is beautiful with the bold purple! Hugs, Anita :)

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful card Bobby ! I love that technique too, it's so easy to add a soft shimmering effect with it ! Beautiful design with the curve and the curved sentiment ! Thanks so much for playing with us at Less is More !

Julie B said...

You've got a great shimmer on your card Bobby and was worth saving for just this occasion. Great minds think alike , eh?

Nonni said...

This is stunning! I haven't tried this technique yet but it's very hard to resist testing it soon when I see this gorgeous results! You even used one of my all time favorite flower stamps. Great card, I love the curved edge! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More Challenge! Pssst. this would work well for the current Time Out too!

I Card Everyone said...

Bobby I've come to count on you to share the very best of Jennifer McG! This is really stunning, and yes, I do believe it is even more beautiful irl! I can't imagine it prettier in any other color than this gorgeous purple...
=]

Bonnie said...

Love all the shimmer and this fantastic layout! You'll have to post a picture of your garden. Pots work best here. That red clay is so hard to plant in.