Friday, July 14, 2017

CASology #257

There are so many ways to use the cue word "Wish" for the CASology challenge but the easiest for me was to use it as part of my sentiment.  I found out I have at least three "Make a Wish" sentiments but I chose this one from SSS.
I heat embossed it in white and then taped off either side to do some DOX inking on a one layer card. The paper tape didn't stick well and the ink went outside the lines. To save it I cut it into a small panel and mounted it on a black scrap.  Since it was no longer one layer I added a candle from PTI for fun. Great birthday card for any age.

Thanks for dropping by.

7 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beautiful save! such a pretty background! It turned into the perfect birthday card!

Anita in France said...

Yummy rainbow blending, Bobby ... the black edging makes it pop beautifully ... that single stripey candle with the shimmery flickery flame is perfect with it! Hugs, Anita :)

Anna Uhras said...

Beautiful card!! Love the gorgeous rainbow blending 🌈 Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology! Anna xo

Judy1223 said...

Sorry to hear your ink bled, but to be honest, I like it layered with the black borner and the single candle added! A happy accident, in my book! Such pretty inking, and so much nice white space! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Jen W. said...

A happy mistake! I had the same problem with this card https://jenniferwills.blogspot.com/2017/06/casology-254.html
Annoying at the time but it came out okay as did yours. Love that DOX rainbow! Such gorgeous rich colours! And I think the candle was the perfect addition. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Loll said...

Love the rainbow-coloured ink panel, Bobby. Looks great with the ghosting splats. And the black framing really makes the other colours pop. Happy accident! :) xx

cm said...

Your design-innovation worked out perfectly; love your rainbow black-edged panel which makes a fabulous 'landing' for your sweet striped candle and make a wish sentiment!
Hugs~c