Saturday, July 28, 2018

Just Us Girls #451 - Photo Week

Our host Nancy has picked a beautiful photo to inspire you for this week's Just Us Girls.
I knew right away what I wanted to do.
I thought the flower looked just like this Altenew Beautiful Day flower that I stamped in Altenew ink.  The background was cut with a N&T scalloped die and splattered with black paint.  The sentiment is a NBUS one from MFT.

Our guest designer, Julia Aston, and the rest of the Design Team have some wonderful cards inspired by this photo.  Please check them out and then make a card of your own  If you are chosen Chic of the Week you could be our guest in September.

12 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful orange flowers on this Bobby! Love the scallop edge and wonderful splatter as well as the black strip for your sentiment! I have had a lovely time joining you as guest DT this month!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Bobby ... your delicate background splattering mimics the centres of those delicious orange blooms beautifully! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

A glorious color for these Altenew blooms, Bobby! The scalloped panel makes for such a pretty home for them - just the right amount of splatter, too!
I ogled some orange roses yesterday while shopping yesterday - but resisted!
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful inspired card -- I love these layered flowers

Nancy said...

Those flowers just jump right off the card base! You just want to reach out and touch them! Seriously a stunning card!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh Bobby, this just might be my new favorite from you!! What a beautiful card. Love the pretty orange blooms and all of those little speckles!

Ina G said...

I love that stamp set especially when you have the die to help (me that is) Simply stunning Bobby. They look gorgeous in orange.

Gwendolyn said...

Simply an amazingly gorgeous card Bobby! Love those black splatters and the matching label. Thanks for the inspiration, hugs, Gwendolyn

cm said...

Only one response: SWOON! Gorgeous flowers, eye-catching arrangement; perfect splattering! Completely in love with this work of art!
hugs~c

Lisa Kind said...

This is gorgeous! We had the same idea and yours looks so pretty!

Macimbalo said...

This is so gorgeous! A perfect take on the photo inspiration and I love those splatters! You never cease to amaze me!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! That is one of my favorite sets and you have used it to perfection! I love the splattered paint on the background, too.