Thursday, December 10, 2020

Time Out #176

Bell was the word that popped out at me in the new word challenge at Time Out.

Maybe because I'd already made an angel card and didn't want to do another one. ;)  I started with a bell from Reverse Confetti and stamped it all over.  Then I had to spend a lot of time coloring it.  What was I thinking?  

I've been watching YouTube on the big screen (with a Firestick) and heard Amber Rain Davis talk about how to make your images pop by painting the background a complimentary color.  I started by painting the background with Scattered Straw Distress Ink.  If you know anything about complimentary colors, yellow is the compliment to purple while orange is to blue.  I didn't want purple and think it's close enough to use yellow and blue. When it came to the ribbons it was Zigs to the rescue.  I used them for the bells too. 

Then there was the dilemma of a sentiment.  I didn't want to cover the bells and the layout was a little wonky (the one bell should have been to the right a little)  but that gave me a little space to add something.  I ended up using a set from CASual Fridays which worked great since the quote mentions bells ringing.  

Enough chatter from me.  Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful day.




9 comments:

Joyce said...

This is wonderful, Bobby. The first thing I thought, after how gorgeous it is, was...wow, that is a lot of coloring! Your efforts were totally worth it, as it is beautifully colored, and I really like how you tucked the sentiment in between the bells, and that sentiment is so very appropriate with those bells. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Bonnie said...

Love these bells and the yellow background, Bobby! Perfect little sentiments!

Lisa Elton said...

Your coloring looks great Bobby, this is terrific!

sandie said...

This is stunning Bobby, the colours do work so well and the yellow does make the blue pop. I like the fun arrangement of the bells and wow to all that perfect colouring and finding the right sentiment! Thanks for joining Time Out x

I Card Everyone said...

Bobby this is so pretty - I love the blue/yellow combo! and those tiny little perfect sentiments!
=]

TK said...

Beautiful, complimentary and perfect! I see no wonky here because you filled it like it was meant to be!

Gerrina said...

It is a beautiful bell-card! Great colours you used! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

sandie said...

Congrats on winning at Time Out-we all loved this card and thank you so much for playing with us at Time Out so much. See blog for details of how to redeem your prize and if you want to be GD x

TK said...

Woot woot! And a winner!